Holiday Sing A Long
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Growing Tree every time you shop, at no cost to you. You will find the exact same prices, selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Growing Tree!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
- Help deliver Poinsettias
- Take down holiday decorations
- Shovel snow on the back playground
2017 Annual Registration fees and 2016 Volunteer hours not completed will be billed to your account on January 1st. For your convenience these fees are due by March 1st.
Many of you have small credits or balances on your account. In January you will receive a "Statement" instead of an invoice. This statement reflects the total amount due on your account through January. Our goal is to get everyone to a "0" balance to start off the new year.
Year end statements will be available on January 31st.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
For your review our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy.
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures I do try to send out an early email confirming that we are opened
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via email and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows we will the contact you via phone.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
Dressing for the Weather
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & snowsuits
We are in the process of completing our annual review of immunization records.
If your child does not have the required immunizations, Tera will be notifying you. We encourage you to complete the needed immunizations prior to January 11th so that you are not included in the report to the Health Dept. Those children whose immunizations are not complete by February 15, 2017 will be excluded from school.
NEW LAW regarding Non-Medical Exemptions (formerly called religious exemptions) is now in effect. If you will be claiming a Non-Medical exemption for any or all vaccines you will need to complete the following prior to January 11th:
- Complete an online vaccine education module or receive education from a health care practitioner about vaccines.
- Click on this link for the online module and more information.
- Provide a certificate showing either completion of the online module or vaccine education by a health care practitioner.
- GT will need a copy of the certificate.
- Parents will still need to complete the Non-Medical Exemption section of the Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form.
Children who are out of compliance on February 15, 2017 will be excluded from school.
"Beautiful" is the word that comes to mind when seeing 666 poinsettias in the center! By the time you read this, the plants will have been delivered. Thank you, to all who participated in the selling and delivery of the plants. It is absolutely the best way to start the holiday season!
Message from Board
First Friday will be held on Friday, December 2nd. Cost is $20 per child. In January, First Friday will be on January 6th. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Teresa: 12 years
Haley: 2 years
The McBrien's welcomed daughter "Hunter Trinity on November 9th. Congratulations Will on moving to "Big Brother" status.