January 1: New Years Day
Happy New YearWishing you a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come
2018 Annual Registration fees and 2017 Volunteer hours not completed will be billed to your account on January 1st. For your convenience these fees are due by March 1st.
Year end statements will be available and emailed to you on January 31st.
New Facebook Page
Did you know...
We are in the final stages of completing our annual review of immunization records.
Teresa or myself have already notified you if your child does not have the required immunizations or non medical exemption certificate. You have until January 12th to complete the process. You can review Growing Trees Immunization Rates by clicking the link at the top of the newsletter.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
For your review our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy.
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures I do try to send out an early email/text confirming our status
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via text/email and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows we will the contact you via phone.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
Dressing for the Weather
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & snowsuits
- Please label all items
- Please put winter clothes in a bag that easily fits in their cubby. I do have bags for sale at the front desk. Cost $6
Volunteer hours are not prorated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Shovel snow
When you are shopping for those holiday gifts online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Message from Board of Directors
The Board of Directors will meet again on January 10th
First Friday will be held on Friday, January 5th. Cost is $20 per child. In February First Friday will be on February 2nd. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Teresa: 13 years
Evelina: 1 year
No newbies to introduce this month