July 7: First Friday
July 26: Annual Growing Tree Family BBQ
Growing Tree will be CLOSED on the following days:
Tuesday, July 4th: Independence Day
Friday, September 1st: Annual cleaning day
Monday, September 4th: Labor Day
Session 2 Swim lessons begin the week of July 10th The swim roster is posted at the top of the newsletter for your convenience.
- Sessions are Monday - Thursday for 2 weeks (8 lessons)
- Children should arrive at school at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled lesson
- Please apply sunscreen and wear bathing suit to school. Change of clothes can be left in child's cubby
- We prefer children wear sandals
- Towel labeled with child's name. Towels will be left at school for the duration of swim lessons
- We ask that children do not bring food or drink into the classrooms. We do have children with allergies and it is easier to manage when we can control what food is in the classroom. Also we serve breakfast lunch and pm snack and we would like children eating the food that is served from our kitchen
- When children have their own nap supplies they sleep better! We ask that children have a blanket and one stuffy for nap every day! Please take home dirty blankets on Friday and return them clean on Monday. The size of your nap supplies needs to fit in your child's cubby (the mixed bags make storing and transporting very easy). We do not have extra blankets and stuffies to borrow.
- Toys from home need to please stay at home or in the car. Sharing personal toys is difficult for children. The toys brought from home also risk getting lost and broken. Occasionally a teacher will ask for specific items from home that enhance the monthly study. It is appropriate to bring those items in if you so desire.
- Thank you, These policies make managing our classrooms a lot easier and the teachers appreciate your support in these matters
- Hat and sunglasses(optional)
- At least one change of clothes in their cubbies because Growing Tree kids love water
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Dump Run
- Wash cots
When you are ordering online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
The Board of Directors will meet again on September 13th. Enjoy your summer.
Message from Board of Directors
First Friday will be held on Friday, July 7th Cost is $20 per child. In August First Friday will be on August 4th. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
None this month!
"Let them sleep for when they awake they will move mountains"