October 7th: DD Ranch Happy Harvest
November10th: Parent/Teacher Conferences
November 23-24, Thanksgiving
School PicturesSchool pictures are scheduled for October 5th & 6th.
- Order form is available at the top of the newsletter
- Only children with completed picture forms and payment will have their pictures taken
- Class pictures will be taken promptly at 10am Friday.
- If Friday is not a scheduled school day for your child, we encourage you to stop by and be included in the class picture. Please be at school no later than 10am
Happy Harvest at DD RanchOur Annual Happy Harvest at the DD ranch in Terrebonne is scheduled for Saturday October 7th. This is always a beautiful way to kick off the harvest season.
- Cost: $8 per Please pay prior to event at the front desk - thank you
- Ticket includes: hayride, pumpkin, petting farm, snack
Child Pick Up
Annual Form UpdatesIn October we will be asking you to check in with Teresa or myself to complete the annual paperwork updates:
- USDA Child Enrollment Form
- 2018 Volunteer Comittment
- Update Emergency cards
- Verify completion of ASQ developmental checklist
Root, Root, Root for the home TEAM aka as Halloween
Happy Halloween! October 31st is "TEAM DAY" at Growing Tree! Please have your child dress in gear of their (or your) favorite sports team. We have found that Team Day is a better option than costumes as we would feel terrible if a costume got lost or ruined. Your child will participate in a parade, create a fun mask, and enjoy a special orange snack.
Still time to buy Mixed bagsIf you missed purchasing Mixed Bags you have until Dec 31st to place your order online. Just Click MixedBags to shop and support Growing Tree. Please make sure our ID# 69979 and seller name are entered in the top right hand corner. 40% of your order supports Growing Tree. Happy shopping!
It's crazy, but it's time for Growing Tree's Annual Poinsettia Sale. Proceeds this year will be used for Center upgrades and staff support. Please use the Poinsettia form located at the top of the newsletter to distribute to your family, friends, co-workers and especially businesses you frequent.
- Order forms and payments are due by November 16th.
- Checks should be made payable to Growing Tree
- Plants will be delivered the week of November 28th
Schedule of Events
Thank you for adjusting your automatic payments to reflect the tuition increase.
Volunteer hours are not prorated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Clean out rain gutters
- Clean out outside drains
When you are ordering online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
The Board of Directors will meet again on October 11th. Enjoy your summer.
Message from Board of Directors
First Friday will be held on Friday, October 6th. Cost is $20 per child. In November First Friday will be on schedule for November 3rd. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Nana Julie: Oct 27
Kristine: Oct 30
Nana Julie: 3 years
Carly: 1 year
Quinn Nicholl welcomed little sister Lucinda into her family.
Congratulations Jesse, Regan and Quinn